SodaStream Penguin Glass Carafe Soda Maker:
SodaStream Penguin is a Part of the SodaStream glass bottle Drinks Maker range. Named for its unique shape, this beautiful bird lets you carbonate and serve up delicious better-for-you beverages in a stylish glass bottle that will add elegance and chic to any kitchen or dining area.
The SodaStream Penguin is one of the higher-end SodaStream models. This sleek stainless steel machine is designed to be use with glass bottles. Not only does the setup look gorgeous, but glass bottles last longer and can be washed in the dishwasher—unlike their plastic counterparts which need to be hand-washed and only last three years.
The SodaStream Penguin device does not require batteries nor does it run on electricity. It operates by use of carbon dioxide in the form of a can. This particular model takes a medium-sized can of 60 liters so it puts out approximately 2,000 ounces (170 soda-sized cans) of carbonated beverage.
This eco-friendly soda charger quickly transforms ordinary tap water into fresh sparkling water makers. Enjoy it on its own or as the base for cocktails or homemade sodas. It’s fun and easy to use: Simply fill the reusable glass carafe with water, insert it into the SodaStream Penguin and press the carbonating “beak.”
You can customize carbonation so each batch has just the right amount of fizz. Freshly charged seltzer water is a green alternative to its store-bought counterparts. Conserving energy and resources, it eliminates the need for plastic bottles and along with the environmental impacts associated with shipping and shopping for bottled water – and no batteries or electricity are required. Starter Kit Includes two dishwasher-safe 20-oz. glass carafes with fizz-preserving stoppers and one refillable CO2 cartridge (carbonates up to 60 carafes). Depleted cylinders can be refilled or replaced at any penguin dealer,
|Product Dimensions:||18.2 x 12 x 7.7 inches|
|Item Weight:||11.9 pounds|
|Shipping Weight:||11.9 pounds|
|Item model number:||811369000699|
|Date first available at Amazon.com:||January 16, 2010|
- The included 60L carbonator will make 60 liters, equivalent to +2,000 ounces or 170 aluminum cans of soda
- Over 50 available SodaMix flavors
- 2 year Mfg. Warranty
- Earth Friendly Received the 2011 GREEN HOUSE Award!
- Kit Includes: Penguin home soda maker , One 60L CO2 carbonator to fizz up to 60 carafes, 2 Reusable cut glass carafe w/fizz preserving caps
- 2 elegant, reusable glass carafes with fizz-preserving closures
- Carbonates elegant glass bottles
- One-of-a-kind sleek Penguin design
- Seal and push to carbonate
- SodaStream Penguin Available in: Silver
What Amazon Users Say About This Product:
- Just bought this SodaStream Penguin and have to say it works fantastic. I enjoy storing the water in glass jars rather than plastic, even if the plastic is BPA free. It only takes 2-3 pushes to get the right amount of fizz (I like my water really fizzy). The starter kit comes with 2 glass carafes, but I’ll be buying more so I have a good supply. A shot of freshly-squeezed lemon juice, some ice cubes, and my soda water and I’m all set.
- Now you can serve sparkling water at your dinner table and your guests will feel like they are in Italy. Save money and CO2 on shipping San Pellegrino and have sparkling water whenever you want. We love adding a splash of Italian Volcano Blood Orange Juice or SodaStream Strawberry Syrup.
- Lois and I purchased this particular SodaStream Penguin machine because the carafes are made of glass; most other SodaStream models use plastic carafes. We fill the carafes with highly filtered tap water; with just a few pumps of the penguin’s beak, water turns into seltzer! The machine is highly reliable; it is also easy and fun to use.
- The SodaStream Penguin machine is physically beautiful, just like a penguin. The machine is functional but has a whimsical touch in its shape. This is not a machine you will want or need to hide in a cabinet. The attention to detail in this product is obvious, right down to the glass carafes. Sparkling water just tastes better out of glass. The product is fizzy and tastes just like seltzer. I purchased the flavored packets to make soda as well. Overall, I recommend this product for its beauty, functionality and quality.
- We love our SodaStream Penguin. I bought this for our daughter for a Christmas present and she goes through a lot more water per day. Thumbs up. We don’t add any of the flavors, she loves the sparkling water just as much as we do. Great product at a great price!